Queen of Peace began serving the Coronado area in 1982 in a leaky building on Festival Street, with Fr. Joe Hermoso serving as the first pastor. Within a few years, dedicated parishioners helped build the parish hall and classrooms on Belvidere Street. The community was incredibly proud when Queen of Peace won the Design Award from the American Institute of Architects in 1985. The parish grew, and under the direction of Fr. Hermoso, the main sanctuary was constructed and dedicated in 1995. He served for 13 years as pastor. Fr. Trini Fuentez was appointed as the second pastor in 1995 where he served the community for over 18 years. During Fr. Trini's time as pastor, the atrium for the sanctuary was constructed, the second classroom building to facilitate the growing Religious Formation program, and the prayer grotto. Fr. Emanuel Alcazar was appointed as the third pastor in November 2013, and he faithfully served the parish until July 2021. Our current pastor, Fr. Allan Alaka was appointed as the fourth pastor of our parish in July 2021 where he currently serves.
Fr. Allan Alaka, Pastor Orlando Sanchez, Deacon Adolfo Rubio, Deacon
1551 Belvidere El Paso, Texas 79912 915-584-5817 Fax: 915-584-7761
Download MyParishApp Today! "Select Queen of Peace Parish"